Work at Home CHAT Jobs.. No Phone Required!
For many of you out there, myself included, we don’t mind working in the customer service field. While we don’t mind, we would prefer to not have to talk on the phone or work in a traditional store while providing exceptional service to customers. I will be sharing a few companies, some of which currently hiring, that offer work from home via Chat.
1. Apple – Apple often hires customer service/technical support agents to work from home in their chat department. You will be assisting customers with a variety of customer service related things such as: purchasing equipment, billing questions, technical support & more. While they are not currently hiring in the chat department, it is important to keep their job listings page bookmarked so you can check back often. Pay is undisclosed for this company but research shows that they pay their employees very well, some making upwards of $20 or more per hour. Starting out, may be around the $15-$16 mark.
2. Kelly Connect – Kelly Services is currently hiring! Kelly is hiring Technical Support Representatives. From the company: “Our Chat Technical support Advisors provide customer service to resolve technology questions, challenges and problems through a series of trouble shooting activities in a virtual call center environment.” Apply NOW if interested! Training provided. Pay is $15-$17 per hour.
3. Convergys – Convergys is another work at home company that hire chat agents from time to time. If they aren’t currently hiring, bookmark their jobs page and check back often. With this company you will be assisting with technical support and other customer service related tasks. Training provided. Pay averages from $12-$14 per hour.
4. Needle – Needle hires workers to assist with LIVE chat support helping shoppers find the right products to purchase. They are currently seeking chat support agent aka “needlers.” Training provided. I couldn’t find a definitive pay rate. However, it seems to be in the range of $8-$12 per hour.
5. SiteStaff – SiteStaff is another company that hires Chat Hosts to work from Home. If you want to work for SiteStaff you must be able to type 65-75 WPM and be able to carry on 3-4 chat sessions concurrently. While they aren’t currently hiring. They are accepting applications. Pay is said to be around $10 per hour.
6. The Chat Shop – The Chat Shop hires Chat Agents to assist people a variety of different things. With the company, every chat is unique in nature. You must be a native English speaker and type a minimum of 65 WPM. Training provided. Pay is $9-$10 per hour.
7. Uber – Uber sometimes hires chat/email support agents called “Community Support Representatives” to work from home. You will be assisting drivers and riders alike with different issues, including but not limited to, payments, billing etc. Pay is around the $16 mark.
8. Support.com – Support.com hires Chat Agents to assist with Technical Support related issues. This company does require you to have some working knowledge of setting up wireless home network devices. Training is provided. Pay is around $10-$12 per hour.
9. Talk2Rep – Talk2Rep hires Sales Chat Agents to respond to inbound chat inquiries and assist customers or prospective customers regarding features or wireless phones available. Must have the ability to type 50 WPM. I couldn’t find a definitive answer to the exact pay but it seems to be between $8-$13 per hour.